Links

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Entering the British Drift Championship

In 2009, still using my trusty old black barge (or soarer as its more commonly known) i entered my first real competition. The British Drift Championship. Not really knowing what to expect or how i'd do, my only option was to give it all i could and thats just what i did. The venues for the 5 rounds of BDC were:
Round 1 : Donnington Launch Pad : 11th April
Round 2 : Llandow Curcuit : 23rd May
Round 3 : Lydden Hill : 13th June
Round 4 : Norfolk Arena : 28/29/20 August
Round 5 : Llandow Curcuit : 19/20th September
 With alot to learn, me on Llandow Curcuit at round 2. Some graphics had found there way onto the car by now, tho within the next 2 rounds bordem forced me to change them.
 Getting better round by round. Lydden Hill saw the introduction of star graphics to the car which im pretty much known by now. Lydden Hill was a brilliant track that took some getting used to but i like to think i sussed it out.
 Half way through the season, myself in the soarer, Ashley Stevens in his S13 and Andy Redmond in his S14a joined up to make a team. Being in a team for the first time made things easier as you all help each other out and also have alot of laughs along the way. 'Team Scream' was born.
 By the end of the 2009 BDC i had learnt a lot and also managed to secure several top 8 finishes and a 3rd place podium. Not bad for my first time in competition. The end of 2009 saw me promoted to the Pro Class so i knew i had to up my game. Although i loved the soarer i knew then that to keep competeitive i would have to make alot of changes to the engine and get a lot more power out of it. The wallet panic's again!

No comments:

Post a Comment